Skip to main content

Razorblade Tears by S.A. Cosby

 


Synopsis:
A Black father. A white father. Two murdered sons. A quest for vengeance.

Ike Randolph has been out of jail for fifteen years, with not so much as a speeding ticket in all that time. But a Black man with cops at the door knows to be afraid.

The last thing he expects to hear is that his son Isiah has been murdered, along with Isiah’s white husband, Derek. Ike had never fully accepted his son but is devastated by his loss.

Derek’s father Buddy Lee was almost as ashamed of Derek for being gay as Derek was ashamed his father was a criminal. Buddy Lee still has contacts in the underworld, though, and he wants to know who killed his boy.

Ike and Buddy Lee, two ex-cons with little else in common other than a criminal past and a love for their dead sons, band together in their desperate desire for revenge. In their quest to do better for their sons in death than they did in life, hardened men Ike and Buddy Lee will confront their own prejudices about their sons and each other, as they rain down vengeance upon those who hurt their boys.

Provocative and fast-paced, S. A. Cosby's Razorblade Tears is a story of bloody retribution, heartfelt change - and maybe even redemption.



All the stars!! I enjoyed this book so much. I can definitely see this becoming a movie! Action packed and fast paced. I loved the writing. I understand where some reviewers are coming from, disliking the 2 MCs. They definitely can be ignorant but this is people in real life, these are people that think their gay sons can be fixed. They learn that they don't need fixing. A little too late, but that's still growth, realistic growth. Their opinions don't make or break the book for me because Cosby knew what he was doing creating them. I was dying to know who Tangerine was. I will say that there is lots of violence in this book and language triggers that can rub others the wrong way so read at your own risk. This is my first S.A. Cosby read but definitely not the last. I already bought Blacktop Wasteland and am ready to start that one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTM Prediction - January 2026

Hey bookish friends! I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last shared my BOTM predictions. I took a break from my subscription for a couple of years, but I’m officially back for 2026. Life has brought a lot of changes along the way, but I’m happy to say I’m finally in a place where I can slow down, relax, and truly lose myself in reading again. BOTM (Book of the Month) is a popular book subscription service that offers members a curated selection of 5–7 newly released hardcover titles each month, handpicked by a panel of judges. Subscribers can choose one or add more if they’d like at a discounted price or before the official release date. With the flexibility to skip months and customize each box, BOTM makes it easy to discover new reads, especially popular fiction and thrillers. If you’re interested in joining, feel free to use  my referral code . You can sign up for just $5! I am going to post my predictions like I did before, 3 titles per genre. Keep in mind,  these ...

Books I Want to Read

The books above are on my TBR Soon list Message me on IG @Bookish.n.Boozy  to start a Buddy Read!

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

  Synopsis: Exploring the psychological dynamics of the relationship between a precocious yet naïve teenage girl and her magnetic and manipulative teacher, a brilliant, all-consuming read that marks the explosive debut of an extraordinary new writer. 2000. Bright, ambitious, and yearning for adulthood, fifteen-year-old Vanessa Wye becomes entangled in an affair with Jacob Strane, her magnetic and guileful forty-two-year-old English teacher. 2017. Amid the rising wave of allegations against powerful men, a reckoning is coming due. Strane has been accused of sexual abuse by a former student, who reaches out to Vanessa, and now Vanessa suddenly finds herself facing an impossible choice: remain silent, firm in the belief that her teenage self willingly engaged in this relationship, or redefine herself and the events of her past. But how can Vanessa reject her first love, the man who fundamentally transformed her and has been a persistent presence in her life? Is it possible that the ma...