Skip to main content

Weekly Update!

Hey bookish friends! I'm happy to announce that the blog has a new look and a new name! I am going to post a bit more, I'm trying to be as active as possible. Every Friday I am going to post a weekly update. I'll be letting you know what books I'm reading and what book I may be starting on the weekend. I am going to start doing buddy reads! That's something I've never done. I will also be joining the Netflix Book Club. Every first of the month I'll be letting you know what book all the book clubs I am in are reading that month. Basically, I will just be updating you all on everything and anything going on that has to do with books and reading in my life.

Now to that update:


I am currently reading Chasing the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar, Good as Dead by Susan Walter and will start The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling this weekend. So far, Good as Dead has me hooked. It's really really good.

Book Club Reads

  • UVAs Get Lit - Good as Dead by Susan Walter
  • Books, Boobs & Booze - Chasing the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar
  • Netflix Book Club - Passing by Bella Larson

I am also starting a #BuddyRead this weekend with my cousin and her best-friend! How exciting! Oh! & In the summer I will be posting a #SummerReadingChallenge! It's going to be a bingo style prompt challenge with 6 prompts! Fun!

Let me know if you read any of these books and how you liked them! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTM Prediction - January 2026

Hey bookish friends! I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last shared my BOTM predictions. I took a break from my subscription for a couple of years, but I’m officially back for 2026. Life has brought a lot of changes along the way, but I’m happy to say I’m finally in a place where I can slow down, relax, and truly lose myself in reading again. BOTM (Book of the Month) is a popular book subscription service that offers members a curated selection of 5–7 newly released hardcover titles each month, handpicked by a panel of judges. Subscribers can choose one or add more if they’d like at a discounted price or before the official release date. With the flexibility to skip months and customize each box, BOTM makes it easy to discover new reads, especially popular fiction and thrillers. If you’re interested in joining, feel free to use  my referral code . You can sign up for just $5! I am going to post my predictions like I did before, 3 titles per genre. Keep in mind,  these ...

Books I Want to Read

The books above are on my TBR Soon list Message me on IG @Bookish.n.Boozy  to start a Buddy Read!

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

  Synopsis: Exploring the psychological dynamics of the relationship between a precocious yet naïve teenage girl and her magnetic and manipulative teacher, a brilliant, all-consuming read that marks the explosive debut of an extraordinary new writer. 2000. Bright, ambitious, and yearning for adulthood, fifteen-year-old Vanessa Wye becomes entangled in an affair with Jacob Strane, her magnetic and guileful forty-two-year-old English teacher. 2017. Amid the rising wave of allegations against powerful men, a reckoning is coming due. Strane has been accused of sexual abuse by a former student, who reaches out to Vanessa, and now Vanessa suddenly finds herself facing an impossible choice: remain silent, firm in the belief that her teenage self willingly engaged in this relationship, or redefine herself and the events of her past. But how can Vanessa reject her first love, the man who fundamentally transformed her and has been a persistent presence in her life? Is it possible that the ma...