Skip to main content

5 Cheap Ways to Read



I love reading! I have spend way too much money on books. A while back, we were struggling a bit so buying books was put to a pause. Here is how I read for free!

Library

My library lets you borrow e-books. I downloaded Libby...entered my library card info and was able to borrow or put some books on hold all on the app. 

NetGalley / BookSirens / LibraryThings

NetGalley has a huge library of books, mostly ARCs. Usually you request a book and you will either get approved or denied by the publisher. BUT they even have a read now section, that doesn't require approval. Make sure to leave a review for each book you borrow, even if you didn't like it! BookSirens has a nice library of ARCs as well. Remember to leave reviews! 

Goodreads

Goodreads Giveaways! I have won several book with Goodreads! 

Amazon

Amazon sometimes has $0.99 books! You have to be quick though. Deals usually last one day. You will also see some deals for $5 or less! 

Thriftbooks

This is one of my favorite websites. $3.99 and up for used books. I am sure you can try a local thrift shop too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTM Prediction - January 2026

Hey bookish friends! I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last shared my BOTM predictions. I took a break from my subscription for a couple of years, but I’m officially back for 2026. Life has brought a lot of changes along the way, but I’m happy to say I’m finally in a place where I can slow down, relax, and truly lose myself in reading again. BOTM (Book of the Month) is a popular book subscription service that offers members a curated selection of 5–7 newly released hardcover titles each month, handpicked by a panel of judges. Subscribers can choose one or add more if they’d like at a discounted price or before the official release date. With the flexibility to skip months and customize each box, BOTM makes it easy to discover new reads, especially popular fiction and thrillers. If you’re interested in joining, feel free to use  my referral code . You can sign up for just $5! I am going to post my predictions like I did before, 3 titles per genre. Keep in mind,  these ...

Books I Want to Read

The books above are on my TBR Soon list Message me on IG @Bookish.n.Boozy  to start a Buddy Read!

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

  Synopsis: Exploring the psychological dynamics of the relationship between a precocious yet naïve teenage girl and her magnetic and manipulative teacher, a brilliant, all-consuming read that marks the explosive debut of an extraordinary new writer. 2000. Bright, ambitious, and yearning for adulthood, fifteen-year-old Vanessa Wye becomes entangled in an affair with Jacob Strane, her magnetic and guileful forty-two-year-old English teacher. 2017. Amid the rising wave of allegations against powerful men, a reckoning is coming due. Strane has been accused of sexual abuse by a former student, who reaches out to Vanessa, and now Vanessa suddenly finds herself facing an impossible choice: remain silent, firm in the belief that her teenage self willingly engaged in this relationship, or redefine herself and the events of her past. But how can Vanessa reject her first love, the man who fundamentally transformed her and has been a persistent presence in her life? Is it possible that the ma...