Skip to main content

A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight

A Good Marriage

Big Little Lies meets Presumed Innocent in this riveting novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Reconstructing Amelia, in which a woman’s brutal murder reveals the perilous compromises some couples make—and the secrets they keep—in order to stay together.

Lizzie Kitsakis is working late when she gets the call. Grueling hours are standard at elite law firms like Young & Crane, but they’d be easier to swallow if Lizzie was there voluntarily. Until recently, she’d been a happily underpaid federal prosecutor. That job and her brilliant, devoted husband Sam—she had everything she’d ever wanted. And then, suddenly, it all fell apart.

No. That’s a lie. It wasn’t sudden, was it? Long ago the cracks in Lizzie’s marriage had started to show. She was just good at averting her eyes.

The last thing Lizzie needs right now is a call from an inmate at Rikers asking for help—even if Zach Grayson is an old friend. But Zach is desperate: his wife, Amanda, has been found dead at the bottom of the stairs in their Brooklyn brownstone. And Zach’s the primary suspect.

As Lizzie is drawn into the dark heart of idyllic Park Slope, she learns that Zach and Amanda weren’t what they seemed—and that their friends, a close-knit group of fellow parents at the exclusive Grace Hall private school, might be protecting troubling secrets of their own. In the end, she’s left wondering not only whether her own marriage can be saved, but what it means to have a good marriage in the first place.


Definitely kept me guessing. I did not expect this ending! I know many people have said that it took them a while to get into, but I was hooked from the beginning and I don't feel it dragged at all. So many secrets going on but it's not overwhelming. I loved this book so much! 

“Pretty bows on a pile of shit only make it harder to flush.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTM Prediction - January 2026

Hey bookish friends! I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last shared my BOTM predictions. I took a break from my subscription for a couple of years, but I’m officially back for 2026. Life has brought a lot of changes along the way, but I’m happy to say I’m finally in a place where I can slow down, relax, and truly lose myself in reading again. BOTM (Book of the Month) is a popular book subscription service that offers members a curated selection of 5–7 newly released hardcover titles each month, handpicked by a panel of judges. Subscribers can choose one or add more if they’d like at a discounted price or before the official release date. With the flexibility to skip months and customize each box, BOTM makes it easy to discover new reads, especially popular fiction and thrillers. If you’re interested in joining, feel free to use  my referral code . You can sign up for just $5! I am going to post my predictions like I did before, 3 titles per genre. Keep in mind,  these ...

Books I Want to Read

The books above are on my TBR Soon list Message me on IG @Bookish.n.Boozy  to start a Buddy Read!

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

  Synopsis: Exploring the psychological dynamics of the relationship between a precocious yet naïve teenage girl and her magnetic and manipulative teacher, a brilliant, all-consuming read that marks the explosive debut of an extraordinary new writer. 2000. Bright, ambitious, and yearning for adulthood, fifteen-year-old Vanessa Wye becomes entangled in an affair with Jacob Strane, her magnetic and guileful forty-two-year-old English teacher. 2017. Amid the rising wave of allegations against powerful men, a reckoning is coming due. Strane has been accused of sexual abuse by a former student, who reaches out to Vanessa, and now Vanessa suddenly finds herself facing an impossible choice: remain silent, firm in the belief that her teenage self willingly engaged in this relationship, or redefine herself and the events of her past. But how can Vanessa reject her first love, the man who fundamentally transformed her and has been a persistent presence in her life? Is it possible that the ma...